Best Tire Options for the Polaris Slingshot?

SlingRider

So now that my Slingshot SLR is making an insane amount of power I can't hook up, lol. So let's hear what your running on your Slingshot with a Turbo, Supercharger or non turbo powered which means stock motor.

I NEED TRACTION!

@QuickSilverSS I saw something amazing on your Slingshot. Can you share it with me here and please give me your thoughts and price?

Thank you.

I'd say you really want to invest in Suspension then a rear tire. I only say this because if you are able to soften up the rear your 305 on the SLR should be able to hook up pretty well. The factory suspension isn't great by any means. Seems like a lot of people forget that suspension is an important part of traction.

I'd say you really want to invest in Suspension then a rear tire. I only say this because if you are able to soften up the rear your 305 on the SLR should be able to hook up pretty well. The factory suspension isn't great by any means. Seems like a lot of people forget that suspension is an important part of traction.

What suspension you running in the rear?

I am getting ready to order the QA1 from Hahn. Bang for the buck they are hard to beat. I can imagine that the JRi's are as good, maybe better...but is it going to be almost 3 times better? I have a hard time believing that.

I will have to do some research on them. What are the prices of them and what tires you have now?

I currently have a Firestone Indy 500 Wide Oval 255 on an SL wheel. It was an ok tire for the last 5K miles...but traction is starting to be an issue that that I am about half way through it. I will probably look in to going with the Hankook Ventus V12 Evo 2 for my next tire. As far as the QA1...the set is right around $699 when you catch them on sale for the 2 click. For the fully adjustable it's $939 on sale.

Last edited:
I have a 2017 SLR and looking at the Nitto 555 R G2 and I'm definitely gonna look at that suspension for sure. Not a bad price at all.

The Nitto 555R G2 is a really popular option. Also look in to the BF Goodrich Comp 2. Seems like those are the ones that are the most popular. I have seen some people really really love the Toyo Proxes R888 but those are being discontinued. I also don't know if they make them in the 305/30 for the SLR.

depends a lot on manufacturer of the tire and where the bead of the shoulder lines up to the wheel. I believe the SLR has a 12" wide wheel. Going to 315 is probably really easy to do. 325 is doable but it depends on tire.

The SLR Rim is a 11x20 so I believe the Min is 275 and Max is 305. Of course you can get a different rim. I have an SLR and my back tire is pretty much smoked just from hard driving. I am giving the Hankook EVO's a try, they should be delivered tomorrow. I will certainly let you know what I think as I have a from down to the GA mountains coming up next month.

I believe Mark Richardson (The guy that put the S2000 Motor in his Slingshot) put on a 345 /25 x20 Rear Tire / Rim combo spacer in and had to experiment with the offset to get the rim centered.

Back